Quiz on Spent Fuel Pool Safety/Security
For more information or to send comments about this quiz, please contact us.
PCTRAN-SFP Features and Capabilities
PC-Windows based SFP simulator and analytical tool for emergency
exercise and training. Can even be used as a demonstration tool for
non-technical audience, such as management, policy makers, and the
- Plant specific in SFP geometry, cooling system, fuel burn-up history and isotope inventory.
- For any given drain-down, drop-cask or loss-of-cooling event, provides
instant estimate of pool boiling and dose release time.
- Determines the possibility of return-to-criticality.
- Selectable high-fidelity real-time or fast-time simulation.
- Calculates zirconium fire and steam interaction rate.
- Prediction of clad burst, fission product release timing and pattern.
- Complies with NUREG 1738 (SFP accident), 1465 (Revised Source Term), etc.
- Projects release isotope strength and site boundary doses.
- Provides radiation monitor readings according to shielding and volatile material discharge.
- Choice of makeup by diesel pump, firewater hose, spray, etc.
- Simulates the outcome of deciding to promote air cooling to prevent a zirconium
fire or to block air cooling to extinguish the fire.
- Simulates the outcome of of protective action or evacuation.